jjchenoa

Uterine Fibroids?

Rate this topic

I am waiting right now to get a blood test after testing myself this summer with no gluten and then going back on for this test... and feeling miserable. So all I know right now is that I don't feel good on gluten. Today my gyn found big fibroids in my uterus--like she says I am the size of 4 mos pregnant. No history in my family that I know of. (Haven't had ultrasound yet)

And naturally I wonder if this could have any correlation with gluten intol/celiac! Are estrogen levels involved/affected, etc? I just seems like in the last 8 months all kinds of symptoms have been popping up. I also have had quite a big fibroid cyst in my left breast for years. Curious if anyone knows a connection or research. Of course, I'm researching that now too and looking at diet for that....I'm afraid my diet will be reducing to lettuce and rice--hold the coffee!

I don't know.

I know there's a link with Celiac and infertility.

You may try Dr. Lee's books on pre/peri menopause and progesterone.

My labs for hormones came back normal for most... but they were at the lowest low (one was actually lower than lowest low) given any phase of my cycle.

My Naturapath says they need to come up to feel better so she has me on a female gland support, along with adrenal support, multivitamins, gluten-free, and progesterone cream. I've used prog. cream for years and it works GREAT for a lot of things including fibroids.

untreated Celiac disease can cause so many different domino affect disorders and diseases and symptoms, that yes I believe it is entirely possible that uterine fibroids can be added to the list. Infertility is a big issue with a lot of Celiacs, and I'm sure if you look at the females, they likely have uterine fibroids (diagnosed or not). It totally knocks the entire body out of whack!

Lettuce and rice isn't a very good diet choice though, you'll end up with all sorts of new diseases if you starve yourself like that ;)