pain*in*my*gut

My Final Farewell

Rate this topic

Well, this is it....my last week of eating gluten. I went to the store today and bought all my favorite gluteny things (loaf of french bread, black licorice, beer, sweet rolls, frosted mini wheats and cupcakes). :P I will probably be sick as a dog by Friday (if I make it until then). I want to be good and glutened for my biopsy! :P

The last month that I have been back on gluten has given me a sense of closure. Is that weird? It's like saying goodbye to the "old" sick way of eating, and preparing for the "new" and healthier me! :D

I don't care what the biopsy says at this point....I know I can't eat this stuff. Celiac or non-Celiac, gluten is poison to me.

Gotta go....the black licorice is calling my name... B)

That's so exciting! You're going to feel so much better soon. I have 3 weeks until my biopsy and I'm starting to question whether I really want to keep feeling sick until then <_< . How long ago did you start eating gluten again?

That's so exciting! You're going to feel so much better soon. I have 3 weeks until my biopsy and I'm starting to question whether I really want to keep feeling sick until then <_< . How long ago did you start eating gluten again?

When I had my positive blood results, my GP called me and told me to start the gluten free diet immediately (wish I hadn't, then I wouldn't have had to do a challenge :angry: ). I was starting to feel better on the diet, which gives me hope that I will feel really great once I drop gluten for good. I have been back on gluten since the beginning of August, but since I was only gluten-free for 2 weeks prior, my doc thinks I should be glutened enough for an accurate biopsy.

I feel your pain about waiting for the biopsy and feeling sick! The only thing that has helped me is that I have good days in between the bad ones. Otherwise I don't think I could have continued eating gluten for another month.

Hang in there! It will be here before you know it! ;)

Good luck until Friday!!! I must admit I felt a little twinge of jealousy when I read about the frosted mini wheats, ohhh one of my favorite cereals. :D I have been gluten free now for a year, feeling so much better, and you know it does get easier. Enjoy your goodies!!!