Scott Adams

Is California Pizza Kitchen Committed to Gluten-Free? - Celiac.com

Rate this topic

6.jpg

Celiac.com

Is California Pizza Kitchen Committed to Gluten-Free?

Celiac.com

Celiac.com 09/05/2011 - The rise in celiac disease awareness and the explosion of foods for people who must eat gluten-free is generally a good thing. However, when companies rush products into the gluten-free market without a well-practiced and ...

View the full article

I don't trust them at all. I went to a CPK when I was first diagnosed. This was before they had a gluten-free menu but they had allergen menu's on their website which I had printed and showed to the waiter. Granted, I did not know at that time to ask a ton of questions and it was one of my first attempts at eating out so I didn't know how sensitive I was to cc. I explained to the server that I had food allergies and showed him that I was ordering off of a wheat-free menu. I ordered what was supposed to be fish and stir-fried seasonal vegetables and asked for them to be sure not to put soy sauce on the fish. When it came out the stir-fried veggetables were tossed with spaghetti pasta. The server couldn't understand why I was upset by the pasta. He took it away however and when they brought me a new plate without pasta it had very few veggies in the place where the pasta and veggies had been before. It was as if they had picked the pasta out and added a few more veggies, but still really sparse and made me wonder later if it was done in the same pan as the pasta. Then the new piece of fish, which WAS a different piece of fish had a brown sauce on it-- soy sauce? I ate a little of it anyway and got sick later. Never again will I go to a CPK.

They had a marketing person contact me asking me to feature them on my blog. I asked for an interview with a local store manager and just got the offer of being able to send a list of questions to corporate. No, thank you.