jjchenoa

Gluten In Air

Rate this topic

The other day I went to Wegman's and about halfway through my ears began to ache just like they do when I am exposed to gluten. I literally stopped in an aisle and thought of what I could have eaten but couldn't think of anything, plus the ear thing happens minutes after I'm exposed. So I was wondering if it could be the bakery there in the store?

If so, does this sound especially sensitive or is this pretty normal for celiacs or gluten intolerants? (Not that there's a "normal")

(I am undiagnosed, waiting for a blood test that I took earlier than the recommended month to 3 months because of feeling lousy and finding out about other health complications. I was eager to feel good and be well.)

Yes that is easily possible to breathe in gluten from flour in the air and it hits the mucous membranes and on to the stomach. I entered a new store the other day...turned right...and there I was...in the bakery....the fridge for gluten free bread was in the middle of the bakery...I held my breath.

I don't know if it means you are super sensitive or not. I would think this would be a fairly common way to get glutened since Bakeries use flour and it hangs in the air for hours or days. I've read many posts here of people who thought they were glutened that way.

I think I got glutened by Wegmans a couple of days ago. I didn't eat anything different than usual. All I did was buy bananas, but the bakery is in the front of the store. I am super sensitive, but it was a serious reaction with uncontrollable D, so it must have been a significant amount of gluten. I hate it when that happens.

I think I got glutened by Wegmans a couple of days ago. I didn't eat anything different than usual. All I did was buy bananas, but the bakery is in the front of the store. I am super sensitive, but it was a serious reaction with uncontrollable D, so it must have been a significant amount of gluten. I hate it when that happens.

Amazing. Well, I guess I'm not crazy. I am thankful I found this forum because the average person would never believe it. Especially because my symptoms/awareness got so much sharper after I went off it. Thanks for the replies.