CNV2855

Gi Symptoms After Being Glutened.

Rate this topic

I was glutened 9-11 days ago and the D has just now resolved. Now all of my stools are completely unformed and very small, however they do sink.

How long does it take for the D and for you guys to get solid normal looking stools? Do you guys always get the unformed stools for a period while recovering?

I'm trying to gauge how responsive I am when I'm incredibly strict with my diet (only eating beef/ safe vegetables - absolutely nothing else). Still was hoping for more improvement over two weeks. Keep in mind, that I've been gluten free for over three years, but I am careless at times and get glutened every couple of months. So I won't know how much damage is present until the endoscopy is done.

I was glutened 9-11 days ago and the D has just now resolved. Now all of my stools are completely unformed and very small, however they do sink.

How long does it take for the D and for you guys to get solid normal looking stools? Do you guys always get the unformed stools for a period while recovering?

I'm trying to gauge how responsive I am when I'm incredibly strict with my diet (only eating beef/ safe vegetables - absolutely nothing else). Still was hoping for more improvement over two weeks. Keep in mind, that I've been gluten free for over three years, but I am careless at times and get glutened every couple of months. So I won't know how much damage is present until the endoscopy is done.

I don't get D - but I was glutened about a week and a half ago now and I still have some symptoms - I had GERD so bad that I couldn't swallow for days - agonising and nothing was working...I felt like Homer Simpson "just working the turkey down" But yeah - it can take me a couple of weeks to come good again!

For me, the D usually lasts 5 to 7 days or so. Sometimes things aren't back to "normal" for two weeks, depending on how badly I got glutened.

I have been gluten free for over 2 years now.

I think everyone's reaction is very different, and lasts for varying periods of time.