AmandaD

Coca-Cola

Rate this topic

Just checking to see if you Celiacs sometimes drink coke too? It's my understanding that it is on their list of gluten free items...

Thanks much - Amanda

Yeah. Its gluten-free! Some people are bothered by the High fructose corn syrup but that's not a gluten issue.

thank god. because it's all i've got at work and i'm about to suck it down!

Yeah. Its gluten-free! Some people are bothered by the High fructose corn syrup but that's not a gluten issue.

thank god. because it's all i've got at work and i'm about to suck it down!

Enjoy. I think all regular sodas are gluten-free. Haven't found one that isn't in the US.

I used to but corn products upset me and I hate drinking aspartame so won't opt for diet versions. I drink mostly black coffee, mineral water, water with lemon or lime juice (freshly squeezed), occasionally fruit juice and more frequently fruit smoothies (they have more fibre than juice alone).

I used to drink milky coffee but I am trying to cut down on my dairy. My stomach will take moderate amounts but does not like an excess of it. When I do use milk (as a treat I have a latte once in a while) I have also switched to goats milk as its a bit nicer than cows milk.

I practically live on Diet Mtn Dew and Water

Coca Cola is gluten free and it is the only soda I have found without benzoates! :unsure: So give yourself a bonus point for that and drink up! ;)

There must be something in colas [coke and Pepsi in particul] that bothers me. But, what it is, I haven;t a clue, I am the only person I know of who has this reaction. It causes muscles in my throat to spasum with a first sip. No, it is not a burp. It's more like my throat squeezes shut as a reaction. I suppose it could be the fructose, since I am fructose intolerant, but other sodas do not do this to me , only colas. Anyone else ever heard of this?

My doctor and chiro told me to stop ingesting anything including aspartame (in "diet" products) as it apparently can exacerbate joint pain if it is pre-existing. I detest aspartame flavour, anyway, so it has been easy for me to avoid.