pinkcloud

Worth Looking Into Celiac?

Rate this topic

I am a 32 year old female. I've wondered if i could possible have Celiac for at least the last 15 years. i started noticing in college, where i'd have horrible episodes of cramping, very strong abdominal pain, alternating with episodes of running to the bathroom with soft, foamy, mucus-filled stools. i've had gurgling sounds in my tummy all the time and it seemd as though i was physically unable to pass the air/gas that was trapped there. i've noticed it was worse after eating bread/beer, but it was college and my options were limited. i did see a doctor, who diagnosed me with IBS and told me to take anti-anxiety meds. of course they didn't help. he then advised to stay away from bread if i thought that was a problem...

years later i had a similar experience with the military docs. i had an endoscopy, but not a colonoscopy. nothing besides IBS was found.

last April, in desperation, my mom made me get a "food sensitivities' test (the (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned)). it turned out i was sensitive to a lot of things. gluten was a 'mild' sensitivity.

so here i am now. still in pain, still bloated, tired, with itchy skin and severe sinus issues, still running to the bathroom (three times a day max, usually just one, and on some days not at all (well, normal, not the 'urgent' kind)--so not terribly often). i have an endocrynologist that i see to watch the small cysts on my thyroid, who ran blood tests for thyroid stuff and also auto-immune ones, and all were fine. does it mean it can't possible be Celiac? with the negative auto-immune test, and the 'mild' sensitivity to gluten, that is. or should i pursue further?

thanks and sorry this is so long!@

Could be celiac or gluten sensitivity.

what "auto-immunity"-tests did your ob/gyn run?

The food intolerance test, was it IgG antibodies?

The normal tests for celiac are:

tissue transglutaminase IgA

Endomysium Ab

deaminated gliadin IgA

total IgA to check if IgA type tests are valid

Also, b-12 and vitamin D and ferritin tend to be lowish with celiac

Could be celiac or gluten sensitivity.

what "auto-immunity"-tests did your ob/gyn run?

The food intolerance test, was it IgG antibodies?

The normal tests for celiac are:

tissue transglutaminase IgA

Endomysium Ab

deaminated gliadin IgA

total IgA to check if IgA type tests are valid

Also, b-12 and vitamin D and ferritin tend to be lowish with celiac

let's see--the doctor did an Antinuclear Antibodies, IFA test which was netagive

my Vit D was low

I'think' the (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned) is the IgG test, but i am no scientist and therefore am confused.

I think i should also add that I have Raynaud's syndrome, which i think is an auto-immune condition. it was discovered when i went in for a thyroid check because i'm constantly cold, my fingers turn blue, i get muscle cramps and aches and pains like crazy, and i have freakishly dry and itchy skin.

You lack celiac tests, and the newest one is the daminated gliadin test, make sure you get at least that one