JillianLindsay

Dh/allergic Rash & Fertility

Rate this topic

I still have a rash, we (hubby & I) are convinced that it's an allergic reaction from the zoo, but not 100% it's not DH. We're trying to get pregnant and I'm reading online that antihistamines can effect a woman's cycle and fertility. Robitussin won't help the rash, I need something to reduce irritation due to an allergic response. Any ideas? Thanks :)

Well, if it's DH antihistimines won't do a thing. If it's an allergic reaction, antihistimines probably will. If you aren't at ovulation a few days of antihistimines probably won't matter (especially if you counter it with Robitissin).

Someone posted a list of gluten-free medications by brand earlier today, don't remember which thread.... Something about caramel color???

Thanks! I do LOVE my salty snacks. I'm still not sure whether it's hives or DH, as I've never had DH before, but it doesn't hurt to lower one's sodium & iodine intake regardless.

Actually, it CAN hurt to lower your iodine too much, too long. But for dh testing purposes you are correct.