Familytradition

What Do You Think? Entero Lab Results

Rate this topic

So I am new here but I have been reading off and on here for a very long time. I figured I would throw out my Entero Lab test results to see what you all might think. Does it seem to be Celiac or just Gluten Intolerance? (The Million Dollar Question - you couldn't pay me that much to go back on gluten now for 'official diagnosis'!)

A little history...

I have been back & forth with gluten free (elimination diet) since approximately September 2007 (has it really been 4 years??). I actually eliminated gluten, dairy, soy, sugar, corn and probably more. I was only on this diet for about a month before I got pregnant and stopped because I was starving and tired of being limited in my diet. Fast forward to when that baby was born... He had reflux and barely slept at all during the day. He seemed miserable all the time and I suspected it was food related (my oldest son has multiple life-threatening food allergies but this son wasn't having any reactions like those) all along but never took the plunge back to gluten free until the end 2009/beginning 2010. Lo & behold, I was pregnant again within a month (seeing a trend here yet?). I initially stayed gluten free for a while during my pregnancy but then again saw the convenience of eating 'regular' so I dropped it again. After giving birth to my third son, I immediately starting seeing the same miserable, reflux baby I had seen before and slowly started eliminating gluten and dairy again. It quickly changed the way we all felt (my sons & I). I also ordered the Entero Lab in Feb 2011 and have had the following results since March 2011.

Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA 87 Units (Normal Range is less than 10 Units)

Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA 12 Units (Normal Range is less than 10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 1400 Units (Normal Range is less than 300 Units)

Fecal Anti-casein (cow