Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RVluvin

Veggie Slices (Gluten Free Cheese)

Tweren't me, but I think they are swell!

Kudzu Bug' Threatens To Eat Southern U.S. Soybean Crops

Just think of all the wonderful things we could grow on that land devoted to soybeans :D

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Organic whipping cream (in a carton) shouldn't contain carageenan. Put it in a bowl with powdered sugar and whip away!

I checked at the regular grocery stores and the health food store on the cartons of organic cream.. All of them contain carrageenan. I'm not suggesting that carageenan is bad for anyone else, but I seem to have a problem with it. Anyway, I'm loving hard and soft cheese, it opened a whole new world again! (Rum raisin ice cream with gluten-free brownies, holy smokes.)

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

Organic whipping cream (in a carton) shouldn't contain carageenan. Put it in a bowl with powdered sugar and whip away!

I checked at the regular grocery stores and the health food store on the cartons of organic cream.. All of them contain carrageenan. I'm not suggesting that carageenan is bad for anyone else, but I seem to have a problem with it. Anyway, I'm loving hard and soft cheese, it opened a whole new world again! (Rum raisin ice cream with gluten-free brownies, holy smokes.)

Really? The ones I buy don't.... I'm sure there are brands with it...just not ones I've seen.

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.

Hashimoto's DX 2005.

Gluten-Free since 6/2011.

DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND.

Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!