collgwg

Frustrated

Rate this topic

it appears that my body is reacting to so many food that my safe list only consits of chicken haddock onion garlic cauliflower lacteze milk sea salt pepper agave nectar rice chex blue berries belkin style yogurt and i think that is pritty much it

now my dr said i should be taking a multi vit probiotic b 12 serc RX zantac RX and cholesteramine and dicetel

now to me right now i think taking all of this will up set my digestive system even more

the allergy dr says to follow a yeast free diet BUT i cant do nightshade gluten soy lactose egg and all the other veggies cause some allergy probs

i was hosplised april 2nd with a suver blow out i got really dehydrated i could not keep fluids or food in so i had sevral tests and scans and the only thing that they could determine was there was a bactrial infection and to go home and follow a strict diet well since then the diet bacame so strict that im not consumeing much and my weight went from 190-148 in a way thats not a bad thing i look great but my guts feel like mush

i am at the point i have no idea what to do i go away from seeing my dr more frustarated after seeing her than before i went in and it seems like she wants to give me a pill for the symptoms but not deal with why is this happening

i feel like im going in circles any imput would be wonderful thanks

• Upvote 1

it appears that my body is reacting to so many food that my safe list only consits of chicken haddock onion garlic cauliflower lacteze milk sea salt pepper agave nectar rice chex blue berries belkin style yogurt and i think that is pritty much it

now my dr said i should be taking a multi vit probiotic b 12 serc RX zantac RX and cholesteramine and dicetel

now to me right now i think taking all of this will up set my digestive system even more

the allergy dr says to follow a yeast free diet BUT i cant do nightshade gluten soy lactose egg and all the other veggies cause some allergy probs

i was hosplised april 2nd with a suver blow out i got really dehydrated i could not keep fluids or food in so i had sevral tests and scans and the only thing that they could determine was there was a bactrial infection and to go home and follow a strict diet well since then the diet bacame so strict that im not consumeing much and my weight went from 190-148 in a way thats not a bad thing i look great but my guts feel like mush

i am at the point i have no idea what to do i go away from seeing my dr more frustarated after seeing her than before i went in and it seems like she wants to give me a pill for the symptoms but not deal with why is this happening

i feel like im going in circles any imput would be wonderful thanks

Sorry you're having such a rough time. Our bodies are realy really amazing and they try very hard to repair themselves but when overtasked the healing takes time. If you can do as your doc has suggested I think his advise is good, and hopefully by adding these things to your routine more healing will come. Good thing is you know what you can eat. You may have to stick with that until your system will allow for more. Take care of yourself and be patient.

• Upvote 1

It's frustrating isn't it?! Get the RXs the Dr ordered. They may help to heal your upset system a bit faster?

The limited diet is pretty boring, but you should be able to add more back in once you've healed.

I'm like you..wanting to be healed and get on with things. I have a lot of restrictions right now too.

I guess it took a while for us to be in this shape..and it will take a while to get sorted out? :(

• Upvote 1

thank you both for your reply's

i was able to hold down the multi vitiman and the probiotic so thats good

i will be able to start the other rx tomorrow so ill see how the ol body likes that i also have to get grocries im going to try coconut oil avacado lettuce squash and im going to try ground flax buscits and it calls for shortening

what would be the same as shortening but healthier and easier on the gut ?

You could try soy-free Earth Balance for your biscuits. You may have to adjust the amount depending on experimentation. And you might have to refrigerate/freeze the dough a little before baking since the Earth Balance is a different consistency from shortening (softer). The alternative would be an oil you tolerate since it seems like dairy is out.

Glad that you were able to tolerate the multi and the probiotic. Keep it up and you WILL get there -- it just may take longer than you expected :(

wow mushroom reading your free foods makes me really wonder what do YOU EAT in a run of a day or even week i would love to take you shopping with me today lol

this is going to be so challangeing i feel like i wonder the store blind thinking that everthing i look at i cant eat gurrrrrr

Once you get used to thinking about what you can eat, rather than what you can't, it's really much easier. You don't need to walk the whole supermarket wondering what to eat - you just need to walk around the perimeter where they keep the naturally gluten free whole foods and make your selections from there - chicken, fin fish, veggies, fruit. You can venture into the middle for things like rice but don't mess around with the gluten free processed foods until you're much further down the road. Play a game - pretend when you are in the supermarket that you are a caveman out hunting wild game, fruits, berries - anything naturallly edible (except wheat, barley and rye :ph34r: ). Now some of these things you may not tolerate at first but they should be the first things you try to add in, like nuts, dates, raisins - not the gluten free cookies :D