Tom2

Glutened - Anyone Have Trouble With Riceland Rice

Rate this topic

I am currently super-sensitive to gluten and woke up last night suffering with bad stomach cramps along with stomach gurgling and nasal wheezing with sinus plugged. I then had nightmares the rest of the night. This morning I still have severe cramps and feel bloated along with D.

For dinner last night I had baked chicken, fried homegrown potatoes and the only thing different was the riceland rice with hunts diced tomatos. I have had hunts diced tomatos before with No reaction so wondering if it was the rice or bacteria from the tyson chicken? I have had food poison before and normally feel nauseated but not this time.

So far this is one of the worst nights with cramping I have experienced since going gluten free last November. I normally get brain fog, gurgling, super chronic fatigue, sinus problems, body aches & pains, nightmares, snoring, and overall feeling of illness with gluten contamination, depending on amount.

Just trying to figure out what it was. Rice normally isn't a problem, but I have never had Riceland brand before and looked on their website which says "Riceland has grown to become the world's largest rice miller and rice marketer" and they also process wheat and soybeans.

Has anyone ever had problems with Riceland Brand Rice???

Thanks

I haven't had any problems with Riceland, but I'm not a super sensitive. Do you have a lot of problems with soy? I ask because a lot of Riceland Rice is grown in Arkansas near soy bean fields.

I had some Riceland on Friday night, felt kinda crappy, and wrote it off to weather, then had the leftovers in my lunch yesterday, and now I feel like I did Friday/Saturday/Sunday AGAIN after being nearly normal yesterday. I'm not a super sensitive, but I've never had a reaction to Riceland before either... What kind of Riceland did you have? I had the Long Grain rice, was in a blue logo'd poly bag...