llama3

Casein Intolerance

Rate this topic

I found out from my mom that I was unable to tolerate cow's milk as an infant, so she gave me goat's milk for the first few years. She thought (on doctors' input) that it was just an infancy problem and would go away as I got older. After doing some research, it seems that being able to tolerate goat milk but not cow milk is a casein issue because there is more casein in cow's milk or something like that.

I'm just wondering if infant intolerance to cow milk/casein actually "goes away" as you get older or if the symptoms just grow more subtle and insidious.

I think it's different for everyone. Intolerances can come and go and the symptoms you get can shift over time. Have you tried going casein-free?

I think it's different for everyone. Intolerances can come and go and the symptoms you get can shift over time. Have you tried going casein-free?

I just started on a gluten-free casein-free diet a few days ago, so it's too early to say anything. I was just wondering how likely it is that I'm not intolerant to casein. (I love dairy products ...)

I just started on a gluten-free casein-free diet a few days ago, so it's too early to say anything. I was just wondering how likely it is that I'm not intolerant to casein. (I love dairy products ...)

Are you also lactose intolerant or is it possible that it's lactose and not casein? A lot of us have a problem with lactose when we are first diagnosed and are then able to add them back later. I hear you when you say you love dairy products! Giving them up was far more difficult for me than giving up gluten.

Are you also lactose intolerant or is it possible that it's lactose and not casein? A lot of us have a problem with lactose when we are first diagnosed and are then able to add them back later. I hear you when you say you love dairy products! Giving them up was far more difficult for me than giving up gluten.

It could be. That's what I thought at first when I seemed to be having a bad response to dairy, but then I remembered the cow milk allergy.