This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

He Is Growing!

newmom07

newmom07 Rookie

DS went gluten-free in February at age 20 mos. He is now almost 2 1/2. This summer his feet were smaller than his brother's at the same age. No biggie, by the end of the summer he had grown into that size. We went shoe shopping yesterday - he is now the same size his 4 year old brother was just this past spring! His feet have gone from a size 6 to a 10 in 8 months!

Yippee!!! Bring on the growth spurt!! I am so excited! He has gained weight and muscle tone and lost that terrible distended belly, but this is our first major growth spurt and I feel like I am walking on air!

I am so grateful to have found out that celiac might be the root cause of our troubles and to have gone gluten-free. I can't imagine where we would be if we hadn't taken the leap and had stayed eating gluten. My poor son. He ate gluten for a full year before we knew (he could barely walk in those last weeks), and now here we are and he is turning it all around and growing - and running and jumping and riding a balance bike!!

I am writing this because this community has been so helpful to us and I often see posts like mine from last February wondering if my child could have celiac. All I want to say to those moms is, maybe, but gluten-free is worth trying -- for us, the real proof was in his change (within days he was walking, within weeks he was running) and having a growing child feels so so good!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Roda Rising Star

That is so great to hear. It really is nice to see results to help solidify that this is the right path. My 6 year old has been gluten free for one year now. He hadn't been back to the allergist since he he was diagnosed. According to their chart he has grown 4" since last Nov. He is 48"(4 ft) tall and weighs 52 lbs now. I knew he was having a major growth spurt because I can see it and he has been growing out of his clothes so fast. My 10 almost 11 year old is slowly starting to grow. He is up 5 lbs. since August and has grown a little too. He is now 63 lbs and around 53 1/2" (4' 5.5"). He is so wanting to reach 4' 9" so bad so he can get out of his booster seat before he starts middle school next year. ;) So happy for you and your son!

alex11602 Collaborator

That is wonderful:)

M0Mto3 Rookie

Hooray! My 16 month old is gaining more since going gluten-free. I am hoping for a big growth spurt so that I don't have to even think about her weight anymore.

Archived