Di2011

Pancreatic Cancer

Rate this topic

My grandfather died of pancreatic cancer and I had thought it unrelated to digestive disorders. However I did a search on this forum and was... well .. alarmed.

Can anyone give me any information/experience with this cancer as it relates to gluten?

I have googled etc but can't seem to read much which will help

There is much written about celiac disease and it's association with various cancers. It does not mean that if you have celiac you will develop cancer; studies do, however, suggest that undiagnosed celiac or non-adherence to a strict gluten free diet MAY increase the risk of developing cancer, in particular, lymphoma.

But the good news is, if you stick to the gluten-free diet and reduce the inflammation from celiac disease, in time, your risk for cancer is no greater than anyone else's. Or so, the current research tells us! :)

http://www.celiac.com/categories/Celiac-Disease-Research%3A-Associated-Diseases-and-Disorders/Cancer,-Lymphoma-and-Celiac-Disease/

Others have posted with the same query. Take a look and see if this helps:

Thanks IrishHeart! Exactly what I was looking for

Thanks IrishHeart! Exactly what I was looking for

You bet, hon. ;) Hope it helps!

and P.S. Don't worry yourself over it too much.

Sometimes family illnesses/other health issues have NOTHING to do with celiac.

They just "are".

Oh I am so over stressing. I'm not diagnosed - won't ever go back to the poison even if it all turns out to be something completely different. The past couple of weeks I have just felt so much better than I have in a long time! Just been out throwing the football around with son Liam :) Worked 9 hours yesterday! Losing weight and almost at healthy (woohoo). No drugs and one doc visit.

I'm one of the lucky ones - itchy but very very lucky.

Oh I am so over stressing. I'm not diagnosed - won't ever go back to the poison even if it all turns out to be something completely different. The past couple of weeks I have just felt so much better than I have in a long time! Just been out throwing the football around with son Liam :) Worked 9 hours yesterday! Losing weight and almost at healthy (woohoo). No drugs and one doc visit.

I'm one of the lucky ones - itchy but very very lucky.

Fantastic! Good health to you!! :)