GFreeMO

Depression After A Glutening

Rate this topic

I got glutened on Saturday night from CC from a restaurant. I am wondering with in addition to the gastro, joint, fatigue etc. if anyone gets severe depression from gluten. I usually am a very upbeat person but when I get glutened, I cry for days and feel sorry for myself and feel hopeless. Is this common at all?

Yes, I get depressed and anxious. Sorry to hear you're feeling so under the weather. :( Extra vitamins help me and I'll often drink some Emergen-C or get a fruit smoothie that has a bunch of B vitamins.

All the flavors of Emergen-C are gluten-free now.

http://www.emergenc.com/index.php/misc/faq

that is totally my soya symptom. I would imagine it would be the same for gluten as well.

Oh yes...anxiety, depressive thoughts, fog head, agitation, C or D---and insomnia. Never fatigued. Totally opposite my personality--wound up like a clock. The worst symptom is the ramped up nerve pain and bone pain. I am on FIRE. Awful.

I drink a lot of EXTRA water to flush my system, take some extra Vit. C, extra probiotics and I have used activated charcoal tablets. I eat brown rice and fibrous veggies to move things, if you get my drift. :rolleyes:

Above all else, tell yourself, "I know what this is and it is going to pass." Take it easy on yourself for a day or two. If you can exercise, go for a walk and get some fresh air. I know it sucks, hun, but you're going to be okay. ((hug))

I haven't been glutened much, but I do feel sad or emotional when I do. A commercial on TV can make me cry.

I get very very depressed when I get glutened. It usually lasts about three days. I think it is one of the hardest symptoms for me to deal with.