herev

I Have No Idea What It All Means

Rate this topic

Greetings, I've been lurking for a few days as I have been researching symptoms. Long story short...problems for about 10 months, after years of other issues I can see now looking back (irritable bowel, lactose, bloating, etc). Several months ago, my sugar was acting up, noticed bowel issues that have now gotten worse. Definitely having malabsorption issues. *I* suspect pancreas problems OR Celiac. Doctor is convinced it is pancreatic insufficiency, but I asked for the Sprue Blood panel do be done. The results were just called to me, but I don't understand.

The nurse said: The IGA test she requested was low normal, so she wants to keep an eye on it and recheck in six months. I tried to get more information but the nurse didn't have more. I've left a message for the doctor to call me with more detailed information.

Does anyone know what this means: The antibody test was low normal?

Urinalysis and blood work (cbc, etc) came back all normal. Having abdominal and Pelvic CT scan on Thursday to put my mind at ease.

thanks!

herev!

It sounds like they are talking about total IgA, which is not an indicator of celiac. Low normal is not a big deal. You need to find out your celiac panel lab results, along with the normal ranges.