Rate this topic

Hello,

I have been lurking here for awhile. There is a ton of very informative info here! So, I have had GI issues for at least 5 years. I had thought what I had was just IBS, which I self diagnosed and my Dr. agreed. She didn't tell me to do anything about it either. I had also thought I had some weird reaction (IBS?) to eating pasta sauces until recently. I have been really paying attention to what I eat and what reaction if any I get from it. Anyway, recently I made spaghetti with a butter, garlic sauce- no pasta sauce and had one of the worst reactions ever! I was so sick. This is when I came to the realization I definitely have a gluten issue. Whether it's an intolerance or celiac I don't know yet. I went back to my lovely Dr. And told her of my suspicions and she said it's a very real possibility that it's celiac and has now referred me to a GI doc. I have very little faith in doctors at all at this point. I mean, I think I should be getting paid since I have to diagnose myself anyway. Some of my symptoms are:

Diarrhea

Cramping

Stomach pain (can be left, right, or all over)

Migraines ( frequently with aura)

Chronic sinusitis

Lethargy

Fatigue (no matter how much sleep I get)

Insomnia

Depression

Decreased appetite (for fear of the reactions w/no weight loss

Dehydration

Poor concentration

Forgetfulness

Foggy Brain

I really am so sick and tired of being sick and tired! I plan to really sit down and write a list of all my symptoms for this GI doc because I'm afraid I'll forget something.

Thanks so much for this website! It's a great feeling to know I'm not alone and I'm not crazy!

It sure sounds like gluten! Welcome to the club. Keep eating your normal diet until you're finished with celiac testing. The tests don't work gluten-free. Then you can stop eating the nasty stuff. Good luck with your new GI.