Coolclimates

North Florida/panhandle

Rate this topic

hi all,

in January, I will be going to Northern Florida and the Panhandle for 2 weeks. I will be in Amelia Island and also might go to Gainesville, Tallahassee, Apalachicola, Savannah, GA and other parts of the panhandle. I have been to Florida many times (my mom is from Gainesville) but this will be the first time going since diagnosed with Celiac disease. Plus, I have never been to the panhandle before. Any suggestions would be welcome!

I'm sure you will find Publix & Whole Foods around. Just go to their websites & type in the zip code where you will be staying & the nearest locations will pop up . For items that you think will be hard to find just bring those with you. HAVE FUN!

yes, I am aware of Publix. I'm not sure if I would be able to find a Whole Foods outside of Jacksonville (I'll be flying into JAX but am not planning on spending much if any time there). Tallahassee might have one, but outside of those 2 cities, I'd be a little surprised. Does anyone know of any dining in any of these areas?

yes, I am aware of Publix. I'm not sure if I would be able to find a Whole Foods outside of Jacksonville (I'll be flying into JAX but am not planning on spending much if any time there). Tallahassee might have one, but outside of those 2 cities, I'd be a little surprised. Does anyone know of any dining in any of these areas?

CC - I would suggest you Google "gluten friendly restaurants" in the area of your choice. At that point you can contact those dining facilities and request further information.

Personal experience...I have none. :rolleyes:, but hope to someday.

There was a Jacksonville thread on here at one point... I paid attention because my parents live in St. Aug... I remember some restaurants being record in the area on that thread.

Search under Jacksonville and you may find it.