Elizabeth5220

Anyone Else A Friend Of Bill W?

Rate this topic

;) Just wondering...I quit drinking 15 years ago but went 'back out' after 10...am now sober again for 15 months! :):rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I never had Bill's help, but I did have a very bad problem at one time. As a matter of fact, I thought my celiac digestive symptoms (mild ones) were just damage I had done with my old pal Jose. I managed to get away from the people I used to visit Jose with, and eventually got things under control. It had gotten to the point where I could visit him on rare occasions without feeling like I had to move in! But I always got the digestive symptoms, and the last visit I made, I was so sick I will never be tempted again!

I'm not a friend of Bill myself, but I have family and friends that are. And I've wondered if there's any connection between gluten and alcohol. Since there's so many other symptoms out there, why can't this be related too.

Good for you on 15 months sober. That's something to be proud of.

;) Just wondering...I quit drinking 15 years ago but went 'back out' after 10...am now sober again for 15 months! :):rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wow! Me too! I had almost 15 yrs, went back out, and now , on the 16th I'll have 18months!

I'm not a friend of Bill myself, but I have family and friends that are. And I've wondered if there's any connection between gluten and alcohol. Since there's so many other symptoms out there, why can't this be related too.

Good for you on 15 months sober. That's something to be proud of.

I wonder about the alcohol, gluton thing too. And, depression.

Well, I get my celiac genes from Mom's side, and I get my (former) ability to drink anyone under the table without ever getting a hangover from the Native American genes on my Dad's side.

But depression? That could stem from being sick all the time, the struggles to live a normal life without being CC'ed every time you turn around, or lot's of other things. Alcohol is often used by "self-prescribers" to head off depression, but in the long run it only makes it worse.

I am. 19 months.

richard