pretordan

Update: 1 Week On Cipro And Gluten Free

Rate this topic

I had started a low fructose diet, but my doctor told me to stop. Instead, he started me on cipro for two weeks and I went gluten free voluntarily - that was one week ago. I had tried a gluten free diet in Nov. but just realized the chips I munched on all day were "made in a facility that processes wheat".

The day after I started the diet/cipro my stools were still regular, but I noticed they were more...formed? I have larger bm's now, but I am in and out in 5 minutes, compared to 20 minutes before... My entire life it took me a good 20 minutes to be done poop'n - strange change.

The bloating/gas is significantly reduced, some days - especially last week, I went the whole day with no bloating, but late at night the "rumbles" would start. Now I wake up and have moderate amount of gas for 2-3 hours and the rumbling (like air being formed and moving around) starts, but not every day, and usually later in the evening.

So, I am much better (no bloating pains, rare gas pains) but still get airy intestines. I am not sure what steps to take from here. Generally, antibiotics should have subsided the symptoms by now if it was bacteria. Should I keep going gluten free? I am unsure, because it seems to be completely random when I get gas - some good days, then some worse days. Shouldn't it be a gradual decrease?

So, I am much better (no bloating pains, rare gas pains) but still get airy intestines. I am not sure what steps to take from here. Generally, antibiotics should have subsided the symptoms by now if it was bacteria. Should I keep going gluten free? I am unsure, because it seems to be completely random when I get gas - some good days, then some worse days. Shouldn't it be a gradual decrease?

Digestion can be completely random, I'm afraid, especially at first. You need to be more patient, finish the course of Cipro and stay gluten free for a good three months to allow yourself to heal. Then you can challenge gluten. Right now while you are still reactive a challenge wouldn't mean much.

Dude you need to get off the cipro RIGHT NOW. And I mean right now. That stuff is straight up dangerous man. I took it and had a horrible reaction. Luckily I was one of the lucky few to get only temporary symptoms. This antibiotic can literally cripple you. Google askapatient an cipro together to get the real life testimonials to this poison.

http://www.the-spearhead.com/2010/06/21/fluoroquinolone-antibiotics-such-as-cipro-and-levaquin-ruin-lives

http://www.askapatient.com/mobile/viewrating.asp?drug=19537

I just hope I got to you in time...