ibax

No Major Symptoms

Rate this topic

Hello everyone, My doctor suggested getting my 4 year old boy tested for Celiac disease because I mentioned his stools where kind of pale looking, they are light brown in colour but look normal in every other way, sinking, no foul smell, no loose stools or constipation, they are the colour of a standard cardboard box. Sometimes they will be darker and the colour is more what I perceive to be normal. He has recently had a blood test looking for signs of malnutrition, iron deficiency, etc, no celiac disease test

IMHO everyone should be tested. You really have nothing to lose by getting him screened. Since celiac can affect mood and learning as well as the more typical GI and growth problems you have a wise doctor who is being cautious about your son's health. Many of us have to fight to be tested. Let him get tested as if it is positive you will be saving him from a lot of pain and difficulties down the line. Your doctor must have a reason for wanting to test. Ask him to explain why he thinks this should be done. There may be signs in your son that you are not aware of.

Thanks, i just didnt want to put him through any un-necessary needles.