3groovygirls

Please Help With My Results!

Rate this topic

I got the most confusing results ever. I was tested b/c my daughter has Celiac disease. This is all my Dr. said. He said I passed my Celiac test but my amylase levels were high. They were only slightly high and I"ve read those are commonly raised by pancreasitits (don't have that obviously) or bowel irritation - could that be Celiac?

My amylase was 143 (normal is 135 or under I think)

All I got for Celiac results was

IgA - 111

AB - < 3

I can't figure out how I passed if IgA was 111. I've looked online at all the different scales and not under any is 111 passing. AND he's sending me to a GI. Why would he do that if I passed? Is the amylase that bad?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

You need more information. Was that total IgA? And what is AB?

Get a copy of the results. It doesn't sound like they did all the Celiac tests. Did you ask why you should go to a GI?

Yes, I was so confused! They said to go to the GI b/c my amylase levels were high. But from reading they don't seem THAT high. Maybe 13-3 points above normal. From what I read this level is only a measure of irritation - like it will be raised for mumps, bowel inflamation or REALLY high (Like 3-4 times normal) for pancreas issues.

I don't think he ran a Celiac panel b/c I have NO CLUE what AB is and the IgA - IgA what?? What about IgG??

I am going to the GI so hopefully he'll give me answers. However, I have searched and any measurement of IgA, 111 seems way high!

Unless it were total IgA, in which case it might seem low...