3groovygirls

Results - Does This Mean I Do Not Have Celiac?

Rate this topic

Hi,

I was getting checked and posted before but I didn't have specifics. now i have them. My DD has Celiac and is positive for the DQ8 Gene. I got checked randomly b/c I was having bloodwork done anyway.

Here is what they ran - but compared to what i've read online it's not anything. Is this specific enough to say I don't have celiac? Or was this an incomplete test with not enough info? I ask b/c my Amylase levels were high and he's not sure why - he said I need to go a GI. He feels I might need a Biopsy to rule out Celiac in this case though I passed the blood test. I eat whatever I want, I'm 5'8" and 110lbs soaking wet. So while I passed he thinks I warrent more looking.

here are my results:

IGA, Serum 111 (normal 81-463)

Gliadin AB (IGA) <3 (<11 negative)

Tissue Transglutaminase AB IGA <3 (<5 negative)

So did I pass? It seems to me I did. Why would he be sending me to the GI? Family history? Or though I pass do those numbers mean I need more testing?

Thanks!

Hi,

I was getting checked and posted before but I didn't have specifics. now i have them. My DD has Celiac and is positive for the DQ8 Gene. I got checked randomly b/c I was having bloodwork done anyway.

Here is what they ran - but compared to what i've read online it's not anything. Is this specific enough to say I don't have celiac? Or was this an incomplete test with not enough info? I ask b/c my Amylase levels were high and he's not sure why - he said I need to go a GI. He feels I might need a Biopsy to rule out Celiac in this case though I passed the blood test. I eat whatever I want, I'm 5'8" and 110lbs soaking wet. So while I passed he thinks I warrent more looking.

here are my results:

IGA, Serum 111 (normal 81-463)

Gliadin AB (IGA) <3 (<11 negative)

Tissue Transglutaminase AB IGA <3 (<5 negative)

So did I pass? It seems to me I did. Why would he be sending me to the GI? Family history? Or though I pass do those numbers mean I need more testing?

Thanks!

I am not that great at reading the blood tests, it doesn't look like they ran enough tests just given my blood test results...but the blood test results only pick up 70% of celiacs, when they do full tests with demidated and everything.

So a negative blood test does not rule out celiac. Also I believe the false negatives on endoscopes are fairly high too I am not sure of the numbers on that though..

I would think if your daughter has it, you probably do too. I believe its a 1 in 3 chance from parents that you inherit it.

The blood test is negative, but it is negative in 20-30% of people with celiac disease. With your daughter celiac and your extremely low weight, your doctor is still concerned with good reason.