bartfull

Suspicious Email?

Rate this topic

I just got an email from "Delphi forums", inviting me to click on a link to join others of their forums. At the bottom, it said if I did not want any other emails from them I should click on the link that would lead me here so I could delete my account. They used my screen name in this email, and this is the only place I use this name.

I didn't click on any of their links of course, but I was just wondering if this was legit, or did someone somehow get into this site and is now sending these suspicious emails to others too.

Thanks.

I just got an email from "Delphi forums", inviting me to click on a link to join others of their forums. At the bottom, it said if I did not want any other emails from them I should click on the link that would lead me here so I could delete my account. They used my screen name in this email, and this is the only place I use this name.

I didn't click on any of their links of course, but I was just wondering if this was legit, or did someone somehow get into this site and is now sending these suspicious emails to others too.

Thanks.

Delphi is a legitimate forum. I don't think they would send emails like that. I wonder if someone on thier Celiac forum is trying to recruit from here? I know the moderators over there.. Would you mind copying the email & pming me? I'll ask them?

Has anyone else had this?

It sounds like you created an account there at some point. Cut and paste the header of the email here, as there is no way to know how or why you got it without more info.

Take care,

Scott

Delphi is a legitimate forum. I don't think they would send emails like that. I wonder if someone on thier Celiac forum is trying to recruit from here? I know the moderators over there.. Would you mind copying the email & pming me? I'll ask them?

Has anyone else had this?

I deleted it, but wouldn't you know, I got another one! There's not much to it. I didn't "click to recieve pictures". But there is an address at the bottom where they put the link to bring me here on the first one. This one didn't have a link, just told me to come here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delphi Forums LLC

So can you cut and paste more of the email here? I still can't tell anything about who sent it to you...what about the links?

Scott

I deleted it, but wouldn't you know, I got another one! There's not much to it. I didn't "click to recieve pictures". But there is an address at the bottom where they put the link to bring me here on the first one. This one didn't have a link, just told me to come here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delphi Forums LLC

I'm so sorry. It is exactly as Karen said - I joined a corn allergy forum there months ago, using the same screen name I use here. (I must have had brainfog that day because I never do that!) And I didn't go back to that one after a while because the format is a pain in the neck.

Please accept my apology. I didn't mean to give you a scare.

I'm so sorry. It is exactly as Karen said - I joined a corn allergy forum there months ago, using the same screen name I use here. (I must have had brainfog that day because I never do that!) And I didn't go back to that one after a while because the format is a pain in the neck.

Please accept my apology. I didn't mean to give you a scare.

I did that in a brain fog with Facebook. I think I keyed the email in wrong. I have an account with my name on it over there that I can't access to delete it. :)

Whew! Glad that's all it was.

lol, at least we all understand brain fog on here, eh!?

lol, at least we all understand brain fog on here, eh!?

This is why I love this site....I am soooo not alone !!!LOL

It's nice when you live in a world/house of perfectionists (non celiacs) to see other people make simular mistakes and have people who con relate....and not think your a blazing idiot...or that your just using your disease as an excuse because THEY think no one can be THAT stupid!!! BRAIN FOG IS REAL...DAM IT !!! :ph34r: WE'RE NOT MAKING IT UP !!!! I AM NOT A RETARD...I AM A CELIAC !!!LOL

Seriously though...It REALLY is nice to know its not just you and there are others out there who can relate...and more importantly..listen without critisizm!!!

THANKS GUYS!!! :rolleyes::):P:lol::D