madiva87

Labs Question-Confused

Rate this topic

I'm scheduled for endoscopy and colonoscopy on Tuesday but I'm confused on my labs. My Gliaden IgG Ab is 22 (high). My ANCA scr IgA is 61 (low) and my ANA titer is 1:160 high mixed pattern homogenous. Any insight on these labs would be greatly appreciated. Oh BTW, I have hashimoto as well and have been on thyroid meds for years.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

the glutensensitive test here is the gliadin IgG test.

Was it by chance the new very specific demaidated gliadin Ab test? I have seen labs just call them gliadin Ab when it was the new test which has different implications.

I guess it's all very confusing when you first find out. The Gliaden IgG (22 high) is under liver on the results as well as GGT (59 high) and the IgA (61 low) is under rheumatology. What confuses me is one is high and one is low. I haven't found much on the forum with a high and a low. I guess I'm ready to commit - I tried it for three months previously. The stomach pains almost double me over at times so I need to do something. At our Christmas luncheon at work, I ended up in the bathroom almost crying with pain. It's such a commitment.... I only hope that the tests tomorrow give me some answers. Thanks do much for responding!!

sounds like the gliadin IgG (22 high ) is the Gliadin Ab IgG. positive,

and the IgA is the total IgA which means the IgA type tests are not valid and one must look at the IgG type tests.

Next time they must run the IgG type tests.

sounds like the gliadin IgG (22 high ) is the Gliadin Ab IgG. positive,

and the IgA is the total IgA which means the IgA type tests are not valid and one must look at the IgG type tests.

Next time they must run the IgG type tests.

that is what i was thinking, until I looked up ANCA scr.....seems to be related to crohns, but there isn't a scale, if present it is positive.....other things are kidney disease. there appear to be diffent preceding small letters for different issues....

aha! just thought of something....OP, is there - sign after the ANCA? and possible a comma?

Those results mean you might have autoimmunity other than celiac and Hashi's. ANA can also just show up and not mean much at all.

well just got home from the testing....apparently I have erosive gastritis and had 4 polyps removed. Doctor said he did 6 biopsies for celiac but those results won't be in for 10 days. Funny thing is that on the prep I had no stomach pains. I'm going to try to stay gluten free this time regardless of the results. Worse thing right now is the bone pain I'm feeling. :( Don't know if that's the prep or maybe detox??