Gfgoddess

What Conditions Accompany Your Celiac?

Rate this topic

I am so young but have had so many different health problems and i am just curious as to how many are actually related to the gluten intolerance.

I have been diagnosed with: anemia, anxiety disorder, asthma, a heart murmur, acid reflux disease (and hiatal hernia), h pylori. I also have struggled with insomnia and chronic fatigue, lactose/egg intolerance, and am very underweight.

Anyone have similar experiences?

Anemia, yes. Anxiety, yes. Heartburn (not diagnosed, didn't see a Dr. about it), yes. Fatigue, yes. Several years ago I thought it might be thyroid related, saw a naturopath and labs came back in the normal range. Giving up corn and especially corn syrup helped that somewhat, but not enough to be more than barely functional. I also had sore knees, especially my right knee. That mostly cleared up when I stopped eating wheat, though I was 'gluten lite' for several years, since I didn't know better. Plus outbreaks of DH, and probably more, but you don't need a whole laundry list!

Before I was diagnosed with celiac: anemia, fatigue, hashimoto's, reflux, constipation, bloating, SVT

After I was diagnosed with celiac: vitamin D deficiency and anemia(now resolved), raynauds, oat intolerant, slightly underfunctioning gallbladder

Before diagnoses: B12 deficiency, IBS-D, non-functioning gallbladder (had it removed), gastritis, arthritis, DH.

After: Chronic mono, raynauds, having an upcoming appt regarding neuropathy.

Since going gluten free my gastritis, B12 deficiency, diarrhea, and DH have resolved. Arthritis pain has lessened.

Doctor diagnosed:

(before celiac) IBS, fibromyalgia, psychatric disorder :P , palpitations, vaso-vagal syncope, psoriatic arthritis

(after self-diagnosis) hypothyroidism, pernicious anemia, Vit-D deficiency, atrial fibrillation

(self-diagnosed) celiac, insomnia, lactose intolerance (resolved), intolerance to corn, legumes, nightshades, citrus, soy;

In addition to Celiac, I have to take B12 shots monthly and have both soy and lactose intolerances, tomatos and onions are an issue and I'm actually still trying to resolve my stomach issues. Still not there yet. Something else is wrong and I can't figure it out.