lavendaar

Help! We Need A Dr In Okc!

Rate this topic

We are navigating this kinda blind. My hubby has been having issues for years and finally got tired of being sick and having the constant diarrhea. so he went to our family dr. and she sent him to a GI dr in Norman. He did a Endoscopy to check for ulcers and erosion and ended up taking a biopsy and it showed Celiac. So we changed our diet. and after looking things up it looked like the kids (we have 3) all probably have it. the Dr ordered blood work. to me this seemed backwards. but OK...so that all came back Neg. they did the TTG test. Hubby has the genes for it, and was developing it. He feels so much better on the gluten free diet and is sticking with it. The kids are enjoying most of it. the dr didn't diagnosis him with it siting life insurance issues later? really? that doesn't make since to me. I'd really like another dr to get a second opinion. and for someone to talk to about our kids. TIA!

I'm in Norman and was misdiagnosed by my family physician and 4 GI Dr,s in Norman. I have been gluten free for 6 months after my dentist suggested it based on mouth sores and health history. I am not having any luck finding a physician familiar with the disease process and treatment (nutritional deficiency). Let me know if you find one I'm searching as well!