This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Found Some Great Cookies!

Monklady123

Monklady123 Collaborator

A new grocery store opened near me -- Giant, for those of you in Giant land -- and it has a large international food section, especially Hispanic since there are a lot of immigrants from Latin America in my area. I was just browsing and saw these cookies. They are fabulous!

They're very similar to shortbread. Wonderful with tea. And I think they'd be good crushed and used for a graham cracker type pie crust. :)

At first glance they were expensive, but the unit price is way cheaper than anything else because there are so many cookies in the box -- two large sleeves of them.

Anyway, that's my food report for today. lol... I have no idea if these are new or just new to me, but I'm thrilled. :)B)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

alex11602 Collaborator

What are the ingredients in yours because the last time I looked those Goya cookies had wheat flour as the first ingredient? We used to get them all the time when I was working and I used to love them.

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I just looked them up and yes they do say Gluten Free in big letters on the package. They do have wheat based ones also. They must be a new product. I will be looking for them.

Monklady123 Collaborator

What are the ingredients in yours because the last time I looked those Goya cookies had wheat flour as the first ingredient? We used to get them all the time when I was working and I used to love them.

No, obviously this must be a different cookie since obviously I wouldn't be eating cookies that had the first ingredient as wheat, nor would I be reporting them on a celiac message board. :rolleyes:

Ingredients: corn flour, sunflower oil, sugar, corn starch, corn glucose and fructose, rice flour, soy flour, corn fibre, pea fibre, raising agents, sodium and ammonium bicarbonates, salt, emulsifier, soy lecithin.

No gluten, eggs, or dairy.

alex11602 Collaborator

No, obviously this must be a different cookie since obviously I wouldn't be eating cookies that had the first ingredient as wheat, nor would I be reporting them on a celiac message board. :rolleyes:

Ingredients: corn flour, sunflower oil, sugar, corn starch, corn glucose and fructose, rice flour, soy flour, corn fibre, pea fibre, raising agents, sodium and ammonium bicarbonates, salt, emulsifier, soy lecithin.

No gluten, eggs, or dairy.

I was not trying to imply anything only that I had never seen gluten free ones and went to the website and the only ones I found were the ones with wheat flour and I used to love those cookies. Doesn't much matter though since they have soy and sugar :(

mommida Enthusiast

The pea fiber makes them not safe for my daughter.

I would like to try one though. I hope they start to sell nationwide soon.

Archived