CHIGIRL

Testing For Celiace Disease After Blood Transfusion And Biopsy

Rate this topic

I've been told that my biopsy showed "highly suspicious" of Gluten intolerance, and that my doctor has now ordered a celiac profile blood test to confirm. So my questions are first, i just recieved four units of RBC in a transfusion less than a week ago for four unknown doners. Would the celiac profile test be accurate since I just had the transfusions. also, since they already have the biopsy results will the blood test really show anything? Thanks!

I've been told that my biopsy showed "highly suspicious" of Gluten intolerance, and that my doctor has now ordered a celiac profile blood test to confirm. So my questions are first, i just recieved four units of RBC in a transfusion less than a week ago for four unknown doners. Would the celiac profile test be accurate since I just had the transfusions. also, since they already have the biopsy results will the blood test really show anything? Thanks!

Just curious, did you get a biopsy? If you did, and that is what they told you, you need a copy of that report asap. If you have a positive biopsy then blood tests aren't even really necessary.

My guess is that your transfusion probably won't effect it since it was not whole blood but I am not certain. There are others on here who probably know more.

I think the biopsy results should tell you a lot. Call them up and have them read you the pathology report and then get a copy.

Hi and welcome to the board. That's quite a transfusion. Are you OK now?

Antibodies are in your plasma so I agree with researchmomma that RBC should not affect the celiac test.