Cortneysmibro

Reaction To Gluten Free Vitamins?

Rate this topic

So it has been just less then a week since I stopped eating gluten. I have noticed a HUGE difference. I also can tell within 15 mins of eating something if it has gluten in it. I am new to this and still learning what I should and should not eat. But I took a gluten free multi vitamin this morning. And now I feel HORRIBLE! I get dizzy and kinda jittery feeling. The world seems to be bouncing around when I move my head. I can't stop yawning and feel like I need to sleep NOW. My stomach is starting to hurt and that urgent need to use the bathroom is back. It has to be the vitamin, that is the only thing I had today other then a cup of coffee. But I drink coffee all the time with no problems. I am starting to wonder what else I can't have since the label says gluten free. :( It does say it contains soy. I have also learned that I can not eat potato's. They effect me worse then gluten some times. It's looking like I am not going to be able to eat anything but meat. I figured I could use a vitamin I mean who knows how long I have been being deprived of them. I guess I just can't win.

After going gluten-free I found I was reacting badly to soy too. It's a bit harder to find vitamins without soy because they like to use it for vitamin E..and sometimes for D3, but they're worth looking for IMO.

It's a good idea to keep a log of everything you eat and note any symptoms you feel. Many food intolerances have delayed reactions, so having a way to look back and see a pattern is very helpful. With a bit of detective work yopu can figure out what to avoid.

Once you heal, you may be able to add things back into your diet.

Yeah I will start a food diary that is a great idea. Man that made me SOO sick. After I posted this I ended up throwing up and getting a horrible migraine. I have never gotten that sick that fast from something before.... I hope that does not happen again anytime soon. I think I will just avoid soy for awhile. Thanks for the info.

I hope that soy is the answer for you. I had problems with vitamins, and I don't have a problem with soy. A food journal really helps.