Rate this topic

Hi Everyone I am new here I have diagnosed with Celiac since February of 2011 and have been Gluten free since then. I am generally feeling better but have definately had some pit falls along the way. I still occasionally get Glutened every now and again (by accident of coarse). I was just wondering if any of you have experienced pain/discomfort in your abdomen on the left side by your bottom rib.It is really a dull ache that affects my left upper back as well. I have done a little research and it almost feels like solar plexus ache. I get this periodically it seems it goes hand in hand with either me getting Glutened or inhaling chemicals when I have been cleaning. (I think I am Chemically sensitive.) I also wondered if any of you know if there is any link with Celiac disease and the Celiac Plexus (one of the Solar plexus)Hopefully I didn't ramble too much! Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hmmm...I have never had that, but I remember Mom (who had caliac) used to complain of pain on her left side. Sorry I can't be of more help.

When I get glutened, I get intense left sided pain. It feels like it's on fire but it's much lower more like low left side bad cramps.

I am very sensitive to chemicals too. I think a lot of us here are.

I hope you feel better soon.

I was just wondering if any of you have experienced pain/discomfort in your abdomen on the left side by your bottom rib.It is really a dull ache that affects my left upper back as well.

I have a very similar pain although mine is not quite at the bottom rib -- it is a couple of ribs higher! I've been gluten-free for 6 months and while it is slightly better it is still a major problem for me. At a minimum it is uncomfortable and at worst it is excrutiating. Nothing works to make it go away when it flares up -- at least no OTC pain reliever that I've tried. I've been trying to pinpoint what might be causing it to happen...I'm now starting to think it might be related to other food intolerances along with the gluten issue. Maybe...

I get pain under my rib but GI doc says its gastritis. I had an endo and all I was very worried.