Rate this topic

I've been gluten free (to the best of my knowledge) for 2 days, been keeping a food and symptom diary as well. Well tonite i screwed up. Was at a friends and without even thinking about it ate a couple of bites of pizza. About 2 hours later I have a small breakout of tiny slightly red bumps on my checks and had an anxiety attack. Could gluten affect me when I've only been gluten free for 2 days? The anxiety attack I could have shrugged off but I've never had the bumps before.

could well be dermatitis herpetiformis (DH) .. check out the forum topic under that name. Your system is probably in a messed up way and DH is a baffling condition.

Gluten could (and likely does?) affect you when you haven't had any days eating gluten-free, so sure it could also affect you after only 2 days of being gluten-free. Plus, the wheat they used for that pizza dough may be the lovely 'high gluten' variety that they also use for some bread. (I was joking about it being lovely.... :huh: )

YES! Gluten definitely can affect you adversely after 2 days gluten-free. Were the bumps itchy? You might check out the DH forum on this site. As for the anxiety attack, anxiety can be a symptom of celiac/gluten intolerance.

Best wishes and feel better!

~Laura