Bob4962

Acupuncture For Pain/wobbliness

Rate this topic

Hi again,

Just a question has anyone tried acupuncture for the abdominal pain and the wobbliness/difficulty walking ? Have you had any success ?

Bob

Hi Bob,

I have felt better from acupuncture but making the abdominal pain go away for me req'd finding & eliminating other foods like soy & dairy.

I think the "wobbliness" is probably Ataxia. There are more than a few topics/posts in the forum about it. Mine was bad enough i'd be worried about looking so 'drunk in public' that I wouldn't go for a walk later in the evening, expecting cops to inquire. (At the time I lived close to downtown-ish area w/ a lively nightlife) Several c.com members had it worse.

Mine went away in a month or 2 once I was 100% gluten-free. It wasn't going away at all when I was 99.8% gluten-free, & was even probably getting worse.

Good luck. :)

I believe that Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has helped me tremendously. My acupuncturist ascribes my issues to what she calls an "imbalance". She is treating my whole system to bring it back into balance. However, the results for me have been more healthy digestion, menstruation, and immunity, as well as relief from painful neuropathy.

Interestingly, before going off gluten, I was treated with Chinese herbs for digestive cramps. The herbs worked so that I no longer felt painful cramps, however the pain returned when I stopped using them. In retrospect, I needed to stop eating gluten, not to keep drinking Chinese tea for the rest of my life.

Acupuncture saved me during the 8 years pre-celiac diagnosis. Back when everyone was telling me it was just my IBS flaring up, I started going to acupuncture to try and relieve the pain and slow down the out of control diarrhea, it took time but it worked miracles for me - I have been going a few times a year ever since. Once I was diagnosed with celiac I started back just to help ease the mood swings and GI upset as I was cc'ing myself pretty frequently in the early days. I too had ataxia but not bad enough that anyone would notice and that went away after a couple months so not sure if I can say that the acupuncture helped there or just getting gluten free did the trick. But it certainly helped ease all the other symptoms.