Rate this topic

Hi again,

Can anyone explain what soy can cause, is there gluten in soy ? I am wondering if this can cause balance issues ?

Have a great day. B)

Bob

Soy does not have gluten in it. A product made with soy may also have gluten added as well as many other ingredients. For example, most soy sauce has wheat in it.

There are quite a few people on here with issues with soy that isn't gluten related.

Here's a link I found interesting. It seems to be first speaking about milk products but then includes soy in the mix. My brain's reaction to soy is the same as gluten, lightheadedness within 10 minutes. Possible this explains why?

http://drclark.typepad.com/dr_david_clark/2012/03/the-danger-of-milk-products-and-gluten-sensitivity.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DrClarksBrainBasedBlog+%28Dr.+Clark%27s+Brain+Based+Blog%29&utm_content=Yahoo%21+Mail

Hi again,

Can anyone explain what soy can cause, is there gluten in soy ? I am wondering if this can cause balance issues ?

Have a great day. B)

Bob

Soy is evil :ph34r:

My reaction to soy is mostly neurological( vertigo ,ringing in my ear,balance issues ect.....) but some digestive ( constipation ect..) issues as well.

I have been told I have gluten ataxia but I feel strongly that soy effects my ataxia as strongly if not more so than gluten .

I react to soy as strongly as I do gluten but in different ways

I think, and I could be wrong, but I think our autoimmune system went haywire, then went hyperactive. When we remove gluten, things get better for awhile, but our warrior cells got poised and ready to fight anything resembling the old foe. Soy and dairy protein are not all that unsimilar to the wheat protein, corn protein is close too. Some other grains might be similar as well.

I successfully reintroduced all of the aforementioned proteins (won't do soy or quinoa though, a personal choice) several months after going gluten-free. Good luck to you, know your frustration, and wish there was an easy answer.

Hi again,

Have a great day. B)

Bob

Many people react badly to soy. It doesn't contain gluten, but is one of the most common allergen foods.

I used to get digestive upset with soy. My reaction has gotten much worse since going gluten-free. I now get neurological issues from it too. I avoid it at all costs!

It's tricky too..it's in SO many things, especially salad dressings, chocolate, and vitamin supplements. :o