lizk

Website To Track Nutrition?

Rate this topic

I have been gluten-free for about 3 months, and I am generally ok with the diet in terms of being able to stick to it and not feeling deprived, etc. I ate pretty healthy before going gluten-free so I ate a lot of whole foods anyway. There is definitely still some adjusting to do, but overall I feel ok with it. However, I feel like I struggle with getting enough calories and proper nutrients in terms of fiber, "good" fat, etc. For example here is what I ate yesterday:

breakfast - gluten-free oats with coconut milk, sunflower seed butter or peanut butter, banana, chia or flax seeds (a few days a week I will have a smoothie with kale, banana, berries, protein powder, chia or flax seeds, coconut milk)

a.m. snack - piece of fruit and a couple of rice cakes

lunch - quinoa, red beans, an avocado, and some celery w/peanut butter

afternoon snack - grapes, strawberries, few squares of DF chocolate

dinner - chicken w/veggies and rice noodles in thai sauce

evening snack - apple w/peanut butter, grapes, strawberries

I eat a lot of fruit so I should be getting enough fiber but I don't know if I am getting enough calories for the day. Also maybe I am getting too much fiber?! I guess part of this is because I am concerned I am still having soft stools in the mornings (which is the only time I go). I know this is not unusual, but I just have no idea if I am eating properly. I feel like I am constantly eating! But I always sort of feel hungry. I have seen some websites that help track calories and carbs, but I am looking more for something that would help me track nutrients, fiber, etc. Does anyone know of something like that?

I like spark people.

Do you happen to have an iPhoone? I have an amazing app on it called My Fitness Pal. I don't know if its available on a regular website? It keeps track of your calorie goal and as you add each food you eat it tells you how much you still need that day as far as calories, iron, vitamins, etc. It's been very useful for me. The best part is the barcode scanner, I literally hold my phone up to whatever packaged food or drink I might have and all the nutritional values automatically fill in!

Do you happen to have an iPhoone? I have an amazing app on it called My Fitness Pal. I don't know if its available on a regular website? It keeps track of your calorie goal and as you add each food you eat it tells you how much you still need that day as far as calories, iron, vitamins, etc. It's been very useful for me. The best part is the barcode scanner, I literally hold my phone up to whatever packaged food or drink I might have and all the nutritional values automatically fill in!

Thanks for the replies! I'll check out those sites. I don't have an iPhone but it looks like they have the same tool on just their regular website. The scanning thing is cool, though! I love that these sites let you track overall nutrition, not just calories.