GFreeMO

Menopause/perimenopause

Rate this topic

Whoever coined the phrase The Curse should have waited until menopause. This is the real curse. My periods have went from 28 days lasting 5 days and now they are every 21-22 days lasting 2 days and they are really heavy and painful. I am getting the sweating at night and joint and muscle pain after my period. What bothers me the most is the digestive issues that come along with perimenopause. I get D and or C but it's not a glutening..I dont know it just bugs me. Oh the joys of being a woman! Especially a celiac woman going through the change....the change HA! Should be called Hell.

Rant over.

Oh you poor thing! I'm not there yet, but can't wait :-). Hang in there.

Whoever coined the phrase The Curse should have waited until menopause. This is the real curse. My periods have went from 28 days lasting 5 days and now they are every 21-22 days lasting 2 days and they are really heavy and painful. I am getting the sweating at night and joint and muscle pain after my period. What bothers me the most is the digestive issues that come along with perimenopause. I get D and or C but it's not a glutening..I dont know it just bugs me. Oh the joys of being a woman! Especially a celiac woman going through the change....the change HA! Should be called Hell.

Rant over.

I hear ya! Dress in layers because at the drop of a hat you'll have to whip off your sweater because you're sweating your arse off...keep it handy though..you'll be needing it in few minutes. :D

They say the toilet issues are from prostiglandins. They don't just cause menstral cramps..they cause cramps in the intestine too.

This stuff isn't for sissies!

I hear ya! Dress in layers because at the drop of a hat you'll have to whip off your sweater because you're sweating your arse off...keep it handy though..you'll be needing it in few minutes. :D

They say the toilet issues are from prostiglandins. They don't just cause menstral cramps..they cause cramps in the intestine too.

This stuff isn't for sissies!

I'm sorry for you, but this all sounds so familiar! There are so many other menopausal symptoms I have that seem to be related to celiac disease.

Migraines, argh! Perimenopause certainly is a curse! :blink:

I picked up my hormone cream today...

Saw a little ditty taped to the counter about a Tulane study that found how menstruating women tend to find certain male facial types attractive depending on where they are in their cycle: ovulating women prefer handsome, rugged types, etc.

Perimenopausal and Menopausal women prefer men with duct tape on their mouths and stakes through their bellies.

No more research studies are planned.

• Upvote 2

That's great. It's the first time I've cracked up laughing since going gluten free!!!!

Saw a little ditty taped to the counter about a Tulane study that found how menstruating women tend to find certain male facial types attractive depending on where they are in their cycle: ovulating women prefer handsome, rugged types, etc.

Perimenopausal and Menopausal women prefer men with duct tape on their mouths and stakes through their bellies.

:D :D :D

Perfect! :P:lol::D