marys2012

Celiac With Constipation

Rate this topic

I meet with my gastro doctor soon to discuss some blood test results I got back that may point towards Celiacs Disease. I am hoping to get sent in for a liver biopsy. I have been researching a lot about the disease and I have a lot of the symptoms. But one symptom I am questioning is diarreah. I do get bouts of diarreah but not as bad as I get chronic constipation with cramping. If I don't have severe diarreah is that a sign that perhaps I don't have Celiacs? I am often nauseas after meals with gas pain, but constantly have to take miralax,fiber supplements and even use suppositories to help with constipation problems. I want to be sure I have all the information I can before discussing all of this with my doctor. Thanks for any input.

Constipation is a common symptom, although not as common as diarrhea.

• Upvote 1

I did not suffer from diarrhea, but constipation and was diagnosed in December at the age of 32. God bless and hope you get answers!

• Upvote 1

I meet with my gastro doctor soon to discuss some blood test results I got back that may point towards Celiacs Disease. I am hoping to get sent in for a liver biopsy. I have been researching a lot about the disease and I have a lot of the symptoms. But one symptom I am questioning is diarreah. I do get bouts of diarreah but not as bad as I get chronic constipation with cramping. If I don't have severe diarreah is that a sign that perhaps I don't have Celiacs? I am often nauseas after meals with gas pain, but constantly have to take miralax,fiber supplements and even use suppositories to help with constipation problems. I want to be sure I have all the information I can before discussing all of this with my doctor. Thanks for any input.

You can have constipation with celiac disease.

Many of us have thyroid problems too, which can be a cause of constipation.

Its a common symptoms for sure, not sure why you would want a liver biopsy if the results are pointing towards Celiac?