Rate this topic

I have been told I likely have celiacs. Tests are still being determined (had a colonoscopy this week) For the last two weeks I have felt lousy! Abdominal pain, feeling like tons of little bubbles rising in my belly, (sorry to be so gross) flakey floating poop and the BRAT diet is doing little for me. I started going gluten free as of Saturday (had cut down significantly beforehand) How long before this stops? I haven't been able to go to work in almost two and a half weeks. (I'm a sub)

FYI, a colonoscopy will not diagnose Celiac. Hopefully, they did an endoscopy ( the upper part of the intestines) at the same time?

When I went gluten-free, the first 3-4 days were WORSE than usual . . . I felt terrible. All my regular symptoms, plus fatigue and a headache that would not stop. Found out later that it was probably due to gluten withdrawal. It did feel exactly like when I gave up caffeine. After about a week, I noticed I felt remarkably better . . . better than I had in a long time. Some symptoms persisted, but by three months I was back to being just a normal person with no complaints. Give it time and make sure you are 100% gluten free. I had a set back where all my symptoms returned and I thought I had been mis-diagnosed. Turns out the B complex vitamin I started taking had gluten in it.

Cara

• Upvote 1