Rate this topic

(Sorry if I've put this in the wrong place - I'm pre-diagnosis but twelve days gluten free so maybe it should go in the 'recovery' section?)

I'm having my least achy day for AGES but I feel so weak.

I don't really know why I'm posting this. Just wondered why I'm feeling weak and if anyone can suggest anything but I suppose it's all part of the recovery?

Though you may just need to give it more time, some nutritional supplements may help. What is your diet like? Perhaps something there can be improved.

Learning to rebalance your ratios of carbohydrates, proteins, fiber and fats, when you've just taken out a major category, is sort of tricky.

I know this seems counter-intuitive, but try eating more (good) fats such as avocados, nuts, gluten-free dark chocolate, eggs, olive oil, coconut milk. Fat provides slow- burning fuel. Also, eat as many vegetables as you can stand, even if you don't feel like it. If it is a choice between juice and a piece of fresh fruit, go for the fruit.

Also, try to limit how much white rice you're filling up on, and try to eat more brown rice, or other kinds of gluten free grains with higher protein and lower glycemic index. You can also eat more beans (well rinsed, to get rid of the hard to digest starch) and things like sweet potatoes.

A gluten free vitamin B complex also helps, along with calcium/magnesium vitamin D.

My diet is a bit limited at the moment. I live in a one-room flat with a TINY kitchen that has room for one person to stand in. It really limits what you can cook. Also, I am still very tired all the time, so when I get home I have only enough energy to make something simple. I really should try harder but it is difficult.

I'm also taking vitamin and mineral supplements.

My diet is a bit limited at the moment. I live in a one-room flat with a TINY kitchen that has room for one person to stand in. It really limits what you can cook. Also, I am still very tired all the time, so when I get home I have only enough energy to make something simple. I really should try harder but it is difficult.

I'm also taking vitamin and mineral supplements.

You could try crockpot cooking? Load it up and let it cook while you're away.

Also, hard boiled eggs are good to keep on hand. They're a very fast source of good protein when you have no energy to cook. They travel pretty well too, as a take along food.

I agree with the crock pot suggestion. I set mine up when I go to bed and wake up to some delish hot food, typically enough for the entire day or more.

Many find it makes a big difference to switch up the days meals. Such as, the first meal of the day would be more like dinner USED to be & then you have "breakfast" for the last meal of the day.