Hopebaykid

Newby With A Question-

Rate this topic

Hello

I have a question. I've been seen by an allergist but basically he said if it makes you sick, don't eat it meaning that its difficult to test for food allergies.

I am unable to eat:Chicken, Turkey, Honey, Watermelon, Bananas, Peanuts, Pistachios,

Some fish, and probably more that I can't think of now.

Are any of these intollerances/allergies Celiac Disease?

I get awful pains in my stomach, pains across my back around my shoulderblades, not gasy all the time but sometimes, feel terrible!

Any input would be great!

Thanks !!!

Hi and welcome to the board.

Celiac is not an allergy/intolerance. It is an autoimmune illness triggered by gluten, which is the protein in wheat, rye, and barley. Gluten triggers autoimmune intestinal damage and going off gluten stops the autoimmune reaction and lets the intestine heal. There is blood testing for celiac that isn't perfect but it's well worth asking for. You need to be eating plenty of wheat so don't remove it from your diet. Go to your primary care doctor and ask for a celiac panel.

If the celiac testing is negative you can still try going off gluten. A lot of people don't have the autoimmunity but they are intolerant and gluten still makes them feel sick.

Have you had your gallbladder checked? Not sure without knowing more about symptoms but that kind of sounds like similar pains when my gallbladder went bad.