lyricwrite7007

Not Sure, Needing Thoughts And Possibilities

Rate this topic

I am new on this site, and I just wanted to throw this out there for thoughts! I have felt lousy for nearly a year now, with abdominal discomfort and bloating, constipation, swelling, tingling and numbness in my leg, feet, and hands, vision problems, hypothyroidism, dry mouth and eyes. In searching and comparing the symptoms for Celiac desease, I am leaning towards this being a possible answer to my misery. My doctor has not tested me for this to my knowledge. Blood work has been done to check the usual levels, but I don't believe the perameters for celiac were ever done. I have also gained some weight, and can't seem to lose it. Hungry all the time too! Any thoughts my fiends? I am really getting tired of this feeling aweful every day!

I am new on this site, and I just wanted to throw this out there for thoughts! I have felt lousy for nearly a year now, with abdominal discomfort and bloating, constipation, swelling, tingling and numbness in my leg, feet, and hands, vision problems, hypothyroidism, dry mouth and eyes. In searching and comparing the symptoms for Celiac desease, I am leaning towards this being a possible answer to my misery. My doctor has not tested me for this to my knowledge. Blood work has been done to check the usual levels, but I don't believe the perameters for celiac were ever done. I have also gained some weight, and can't seem to lose it. Hungry all the time too! Any thoughts my fiends? I am really getting tired of this feeling aweful every day!

Unfortunately, a number of conditions share symptoms with celiac, so it's hard to pin down!

If you can get a copy of the results from tests that were done, and post the results here, folks can give you more advice about what to do next.

Thyroid can create some of this, and they might tell you "normal" when you are at a point that treatment might help you.

You can also ask your doc to run celiac tests, be sure to get a full panel. Sometimes they only do one or two tests. You will want:

Deamidated Gliadin Peptides (DGP) both IgA and IgG

Tissue transglutaminase (TtG) IgA

Total Serum IgA

anti-endomysial antibodies (anti-EMA)

Sometimes they will also do anti-gliadin antibodies

Welcome!

beachbirdie is right, the first step is to get the testing done (and do make sure you get a copy of the report - and of your other testing). With those in hand an evaluation can be made of where to head next. Your symptoms have all been associated with celiac (and other) diseease.