Hellothere

Cyrex Array 3 And 4 Results Back. Please Help.

Rate this topic

Hi, everyone. I received my cyrex results back today: below are the relevant results.

Array 3

Wheat Germ Agglutinate IgG: out of range 1.60 (reference range .4- 1.3)

Alpha gliadin 17-mer IgG: out of range 1.74 (reference .1- 1.5)

Omega Gliadin 17-mer IgG: equivocal 1.13 (reference .3- 1.2)

Omega gliadin 17-mer IgA: equivocal .98 (reference .1- 1.2)

Gliadin- transglutaminase complex IgG: equivocal 1.14 (reference .3- 1.4)

Array 4 cross reactions:

I know what this one is. Coffee, corn, rice all out of range. Egg and sesame are equivocal.

c reactive protein: 2.7 out of range (reference is .8 point eight)

Thank. Does this point to celiac disease? I'm still waiting for array 2 intestinal permeability.

Also, I'm rocking 3 different rashes/skin conditions right now. I have a functional medicine appointment in 3 weeks and wonder if I should still eat gluten. I had eliminated it yesterday, but now am wondering if I ought to eat it for 3 more weeks (though I feel so so so bad when eating it).

thanks.

Greetings Hellothere,

Wish I could help w the test results.

Do you know what will be done at the "functional medicine appointment in 3 weeks"? If not a celiac blood panel, I don't know if there'd be a purpose to more gluten. (Assuming if a endoscopy scheduled, you'd already know)

Greetings Hellothere,

Wish I could help w the test results.

Do you know what will be done at the "functional medicine appointment in 3 weeks"? If not a celiac blood panel, I don't know if there'd be a purpose to more gluten. (Assuming if a endoscopy scheduled, you'd already know)

Hey, Tom. I don't know what will happen at the appointment-- the doctor is a cardiologist who also practices functional medicine and treats celiacs. (I'm in a bad location for these kinds of diseases...will have to go to the "big city"). The functional med doctor is only an hour away and he treated someone I know, so I figured what the heck.

Yeah, I'm going to stay gluten-free. I've been through the first two days of it and seem to be feeling slightly better today-- actually managed to get a little very light housework done today and ran a few errands. I'd hate to lose even this little bit of gain I have had.

A doc I know ordered these tests for me, but he has no real knowledge of celiac disease and isn't treating me. So that is how it came about that I had the test done but don't understand the results.

I don't know how I feel about endoscopy yet. Right now I am focusing on diet and waiting to see how I feel as time goes on.