123glldd

Hubby Is Diagnosed Now...

Rate this topic

So last week I got my results from enterolab and they made all too much sense...today my husband has found out he has it for sure too. His fecal fat score was a little more than double mine. I was 332 or so and he's about 790. He drinks a lot of fruity alcohol drinks for supper so....I told him maybe laying off of that could help too but it's not shocking to me if he has worse absorption because my vitamin D was 18 and his was even lower...10. Either way....I have thyroid issues and had to get off gluten regardless due to that. At least he knows it's not something he's forced to do just because of me. And get this...since going gluten free with me he's been more regular. He only had a bowel movement once a week before or after coffee lol. I told him he might wanna get thyroid levels checked himself simply because they are so intertwined.

Cute! And wow! I'm so glad you are both having health improvements! I have a similar story - I was diagnosed with celiac 6 mos ago, and upon going gluten and dairy free, my boyfriend who has a bad case of crohns disease has gone into remission since joining me on the diet! Gluten has got to be horrible for everyone with digestive distresses, right?

Cute! And wow! I'm so glad you are both having health improvements! I have a similar story - I was diagnosed with celiac 6 mos ago, and upon going gluten and dairy free, my boyfriend who has a bad case of crohns disease has gone into remission since joining me on the diet! Gluten has got to be horrible for everyone with digestive distresses, right?

It's sure starting to sound that way isn't it? I saw one link where one doctor said he even wondered if anyone should bother eating it due to the negative impact it has in general on so many in the population who might not even realize it's happening. My mom's common law...his daughter has colitis and I'm wondering now if she should try it?