JamTart

Deficient Iga Affect Igg Results?

Rate this topic

I was recently tested for celiac after a positive home biocard test. Results came back apparently negative. Had both deamidated antibody for IgA and IgG as well as ttg igA I think. All came back negative. I understand IgA deficiency could possibly have caused false negs with regards to the IgA value, but could it have affected the IgG value? Do I need to ask for any further tests (EMA? Etc) to accompany the total IgA to rule out IgA deficiency as a possible cause for neg results? I have every symptom in the book! Frustrating. Anyone been seronegative with a positive biopsy? I'm thinking of pushing for a biopsy. (I also posted under 'Push for more testing?' with a few more details)

Thankyou so much for any/all responses!! :) Also I wouldn't say I generally eat a diet heavy in gluten- 1-2 pieces of bread a day, sometimes pasta and I don't watch for it in Cannes goods etc- lots of fruit, meat, veggies. Should I try to eat more gluten than that until this is figured out?

Thanks for Replying Diana- I couldn't see the content of your reply though?! I'm new to all this :)