Marie1976

What Is This?

Rate this topic

I know I posted about this before but it's driving me crazy! Every once in a while this mysterious pain in my forearm/wrist flares up and I don't know what's causing it. Did I get glutened? Is this neuropathy? Is it rheumatoid arthritis? It's hard to describe the feeling. It's almost like it's my skin that hurts, an aggravating, burning achey sensation, like a flu body ache. From my elbow to my wrist and sometimes my fingers will hurt too. Anyone get this and know what it is?

I know I posted about this before but it's driving me crazy! Every once in a while this mysterious pain in my forearm/wrist flares up and I don't know what's causing it. Did I get glutened? Is this neuropathy? Is it rheumatoid arthritis? It's hard to describe the feeling. It's almost like it's my skin that hurts, an aggravating, burning achey sensation, like a flu body ache. From my elbow to my wrist and sometimes my fingers will hurt too. Anyone get this and know what it is?

Well, I can't tell you what you have but... I get the same sensation down half of my forearm thru my wrist and into the palm. It's that achy, burning, and a halfway numb feeling. It also goes into my thumb and the next couple fingers. It came on during a 6 month period or so, was kind of sneaky. Very shocking to me I was diagnosed with carpel tunnel. I guess you don't even have to be working to develop it. In fact I believe mine developed from hypothyroidism. Sorry I can't offer you more. Be well.

Well, I can't tell you what you have but... I get the same sensation down half of my forearm thru my wrist and into the palm. It's that achy, burning, and a halfway numb feeling. It also goes into my thumb and the next couple fingers. It came on during a 6 month period or so, was kind of sneaky. Very shocking to me I was diagnosed with carpel tunnel. I guess you don't even have to be working to develop it. In fact I believe mine developed from hypothyroidism. Sorry I can't offer you more. Be well.

Seems like a lot of celiacs develop symptoms that appear to be carpal tunnel, but in fact are not. Do not give up hope that these symptoms will abate.

• Upvote 1

I got that mostly before going gluten free & my arm would get red & the back of the hand &/or fingers would swell. Either arm --- sometimes both at once. Such PAIN! If a feather brushed my arm or wrist or hand or whatever it was all I could do not to scream. I also got that in my feet, lower legs, knees, hips, shoulders & upper arm ---- it traveled around my body.

I only get it once in a while now that I'm gluten-free & it is much less severe --- MUCH less. And it's occurring in fewer body parts.

I get the same thing in my hips, knees, ankles, feet. Originally it was in my hands, but that seems to have gone away. This past week I've had the same feeling in my scalp! :blink:

I get the same thing in my hips, knees, ankles, feet. Originally it was in my hands, but that seems to have gone away. This past week I've had the same feeling in my scalp! :blink:

In your scalp!???!!!! Oh horrors!mad.gif