Skittles

Cutting Out Dairy

Rate this topic

Ok so I think I need to try cutting off dairy. I know the obvious things that i need to stop eating, like milk, icecream, yogurt, cheese. What else??

Ok so I think I need to try cutting off dairy. I know the obvious things that i need to stop eating, like milk, icecream, yogurt, cheese. What else??

Baked goods, cookies, cakes, butter, margin, and many other things. You will have to read labels. This PDF from FAAN will help:

HTTP://www.foodallergy.org/downloads/HTRLsheet.pdf

Chocolate along with many sweets sadly ;-( Butter also.. can't think of more things. I'm not sure if cookies and baked things containing cow milk are included too though.

Chocolate along with many sweets sadly ;-( Butter also.. can't think of more things. I'm not sure if cookies and baked things containing cow milk are included too though.

Definitely are.

I am doing the same. I am starting with the whole dairy products like you list above. If I don't see relief I am going to go full throttle so to speak and look at milk in other products. It seems I have only had real negative symptoms with large amounts.

As said before, chocolate's a big thing. I thought that most dark chocolate would be dairy free, but apparently the vast majority of it isn't.

Anything with with whey powder, used in smoothies and a lot of protein/energy bars that have muscled men on the packages, but also just put into regular foods too.

Lactose, skim milk powder, casein, are all that can also be ingredients.