Rate this topic

I made the Mrs. Leepers cheeseburger mac last night and it was AWFUL! I couldn't even eat it - really salty, strange aftertaste. I should have known ... next time I'll just make something similar from scratch.

I make my "cheeseburger mac" with rice. Cook the rice, crumble your hamburger into it, cube up a bunch of monterray jack, and pop it in the microwave. Stir it up while it's hot with maybe a little butter thrown in and the cheese coats the rice. It's yummy!

I made the Mrs. Leepers cheeseburger mac last night and it was AWFUL! I couldn't even eat it - really salty, strange aftertaste. I should have known ... next time I'll just make something similar from scratch.

I tried that when I was first diagnosed and I agree......it was not even edible. I don't do much salt and it was the saltiest boxed food I have ever tasted. Can you believe they make money selling that stuff? Homemade is so much better and you have control over the salt amounts.....

I would never buy something like that for myself but my MIL brought a box home so I tried it. My husband hated it while I found it to be tolerable. I ate the leftovers because I just couldn't throw them away. (I grew up on a family farm with grandparents who grew up during the depression. I hear my grammy scolding me every time I even consider throwing food away.) I couldn't recommend this to anyone.

I make my "cheeseburger mac" with rice. Cook the rice, crumble your hamburger into it, cube up a bunch of monterray jack, and pop it in the microwave. Stir it up while it's hot with maybe a little butter thrown in and the cheese coats the rice. It's yummy!

That sounds great - and something my super picky 4 year old would eat!