kmwondering

New Here, Hoping For Some Help With Test Results.

Rate this topic

Hello all. I am learning so much from reading the boards already. I'm honestly a little overloaded with information. I'm slowly trying to understand what all the tests are and what they mean. I'd like to post the results of the tests I've had, which are negative according to my doctor. Please, share your opinions and suggestions about tests that may have been missed. I'd like to arm myself with as much information as possible before my follow up visit. Based on a lifetime of symptoms, Celiac seems to fit. I'm planning on trying gluten free no matter what the final outcome of my testing is, but I'd prefer a definite positive if it is, in fact, celiac.

ARUP Laboratories

Deamidated Gliandin Peptide AB, IGA

11 units

Reference range 0-19, negative

Celiac Disease reflexive panel

Immunoglobulin A, Total

Reference Range 68-378

Tissue Transglutaminase IGA

15 units

Reference range 0-19, negative

I see other tests mentioned here but am having a hard time piecing out which is which. Thanks in advance!

Those were good tests, in combination, but read here:

and here:

http://americanceliac.org/celiac-disease/diagnosis/

There are plenty of people around who never got a "formal" diagnosis because they didn't throw a proper blood test. Yet they had matching symptoms for celiac and gluten intolerance, and much documented damage which matches the disease. Don't despair. Once you are past all the tests, based on your symptoms, give the gluten free diet a trial.

Those were good tests, in combination, but read here:

and here:

http://americanceliac.org/celiac-disease/diagnosis/

There are plenty of people around who never got a "formal" diagnosis because they didn't throw a proper blood test. Yet they had matching symptoms for celiac and gluten intolerance, and much documented damage which matches the disease. Don't despair. Once you are past all the tests, based on your symptoms, give the gluten free diet a trial.

Thanks so much for the response and the links. Very helpful.

Anyone reading this have the experience of having negative IGA but positive IGG? Thinking about requesting the IGG....I am wishing that I had been more educated several months ago when I had an endoscopic ultrasound done, maybe I could have asked them to snag a biopsy while they were in there anyway.

Anyone reading this have the experience of having negative IGA but positive IGG? Thinking about requesting the IGG....I am wishing that I had been more educated several months ago when I had an endoscopic ultrasound done, maybe I could have asked them to snag a biopsy while they were in there anyway.

There are a couple of folks around here with positive IgG and negative IgA. Some have only the TtG IgG which they don't often test. At least two of those came back with serious intestinal damage on their biopsies.