Rate this topic

So we are in the middle of the elimination diet and have to rush 500 miles from home, driving overnight last Sunday for a funeral. :(

So anyways, we think we are making progress with eliminating foods (see sig) and Timothy (our son) seems to be getting better, but BOOM middle of this week symptoms return. Fatigue, GI issues, etc. Using paper plates, actually brought his cup from home even. :) We are staying with family that is understanding and supportive, but the house is full of stuff we have eliminated from his diet.

We packed all our own food, even have a fridge for our truck where we bring his Coconut milk, oj, meats, and other safe cold products. So the question is... is it more likely that he got CC'd up here, or that we have more foods to eliminate?

Is it possible he just needs some time to heal? Any chance he could have caught a bug from all those people?

Is it possible he just needs some time to heal? Any chance he could have caught a bug from all those people?

I guess anything is possible? Maybe we just have to ignore this week and start over next week (well still keep him off things)

It seems to me that recovery is often 2 steps forward, one step back. There isn't anyway of knowing if it is a cc issue...and you have done all you can to prevent it. Or could be withdrawal. Or a virus. Or another food issue. :)

Frustrating, I know! Just keep at it, and you will start to havee fewer and fewer bad days, and eventually be able to see more of a pattern.

Oh, there are so many different ways to cross contaminate by relatives, I won't list them or I would be contributing to generalized paranoia.

Watch this. This is at my house by my otherwise sainted spouse. I just found out he's been using the kitchen sponge scrubbie on the dish he eats out of, with the ONE THING we still have in the house, that I react to, because he's been hand washing it instead of putting it in the dishwasher. (to avoid cooties from getting IN the dishwasher.) Same sponge scrubbie I use to hand wash my baking dishes and mixing bowls and colanders/graters. I have very, very sensitive skin.

^%$#@*(+!!!!!!! :angry:<_<:ph34r:

I've heard that paper plates some kinds can have gluten but we use them with no issues.

There are many things that could cause those feeling, like simply being in a new place. I never sleep well, do I get fatigued and nauseous, it actually mimics glutening,but I know that it's because I'm out of my element. That could be your issue. Either way, paddle on! Don't let a minor setback ruin your flow because you're bound to run into those from time to time. :)

Oh, there are so many different ways to cross contaminate by relatives, I won't list them or I would be contributing to generalized paranoia.

Watch this. This is at my house by my otherwise sainted spouse. I just found out he's been using the kitchen sponge scrubbie on the dish he eats out of, with the ONE THING we still have in the house, that I react to, because he's been hand washing it instead of putting it in the dishwasher. (to avoid cooties from getting IN the dishwasher.) Same sponge scrubbie I use to hand wash my baking dishes and mixing bowls and colanders/graters. I have very, very sensitive skin.

^%$#@*(+!!!!!!! :angry:<_<:ph34r:

He didn't know hehe it's kind of cute though that he was going out of his way to do it by hand as to not contaminate the dishwasher! I give him snaps for that, you'll have to get your own scrubbies and hide them from him!